Friday, October 7, 2011

First Post

One of my responsibilities is examinations and importantly for this blog, electronic testing of veterinary students.

Electronic testing has advantages and pitfalls, which I'll discuss here, with the occasional tangent into other topics of interest to myself. In my current roll we have two types of *computer based* testing. First is what I'm guessing you'd imagine electronic testing to be: the exams are authored, taken, and scored using an electronic testing tool, I won't name names just yet.

The second are what we call computer aided / media associated exams which, in our case, are answered on a bubble sheet but do have an *E* element to them. That can be either images such as radiographs displayed on a computer, video, audio or simply displaying the exam in pdf format on screen.

I'll be exploring both in the coming weeks and months.

No comments:

Post a Comment